Monday, September 15, 2008

The Last Week of Summer

And it's still 80 freakin degrees out. I'm ready for fall and the cool crisp mornings that come with it.

And the business! Let's hope that this fall and Christmas season picks up despite of all the crazy financial stuff going down. I heard this morning that Bank of America bought out Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers has filed for bankruptcy. How does this effect me, the Pedigreed artist? Just like you'll see today in the stock market that a lot of people are holding on to their money, and not spending it on luxury items such as pet portraits or art for that matter.

So it's going to be a slow season I'm sure, but I'm hoping something will turn up. This week's projects include putting together a bit of a displaying portfolio and gift certificate and driving down to Norwell to drop it all off for the Scituate Animal Shelter fund raiser. And of course to work on paintings. Last week I finished the "sisters" and did a small 5x7 of a mastiff and started an 8x10 which I'm going to call "Kittens in a Corner".

Until next week....

No comments: