Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the Arts in Allston

So this art career is getting more and more pendulum swinging as time goes on. If you've read my last post, you know that my painted utility box was pulled out because of construction. But it seems as soon as something awful like that happens, then a good thing happens....

This was my art work hanging up at the Douglas Paul Real Estate office during the Allston Artwalk that happened this past Saturday. It was a last minute thing, but I was invited to exhibit 6 pieces. So I met Alana Olsen of the Allston Brighton Village organization on Friday to hang my work. I told her about my utility box, she said she's going to work on getting another one for me... more in Allston Center... So we'll see!



Also there's a big event coming up and it's the 25th Annual Allston Open Studios! This is going to be a great event with lots and lots of artists. You can meet the artists and watch them create as well! I've been working on getting a lot of pr out for this and one of the things I'm doing is going to a focus point meeting with the Allston Brighton CDC tonight. I've never been to one of these before. I hope it's not boring because I may fall asleep! I was out a wee bit late last night checking out Give Up! at the Midway Cafe in JP.








No comments: